Click on the picture to start the webquest
Here’s the webquest.
Recycle city is divided into 4 parts (northeast, northwest, southeast and southwest).
All the parts of the city are clickable!
You’ll need to explore the city to complete this quest.
1. How each of these items can be reused, instead of throwing them away.
Plastic milk cartoon:___________________________________
Glass jar :_____________________________________________
2. Where can you get information on what to do with leftover cleaning products. Why is it important that we not throw chemicals into the regular trash?
Visit some houses in Recycle City. Make a list of 4 hazardous (dangerous) wastes that can be found in those houses.
______________ ______________ _______________ ______________
4. Look around Recycle City and write down 2 tips you can use to reduce pollution and waste that come from cars.
5. Identify 2 recycling activities that Recycle City students use to help raise money for class projects.
6. Name 4 car parts that can be re-used rather than thrown away.
____________ __________________ ________________ __________
7. Find at 3 places in Recycle City where books are resold or reused.
__________________________ __________________ ___________________
8. Name 3 places in Recycle City can you find used tires.
__________________ _____________________ _____________________
9. Look at some businesses in Recycle city. List 2 things businesses can do to reduce the amount of waste.
10. What are compost bins? ____________________________________________
Name two places in recycle city where you can find a compost bin?